FFF or Fused Filament Fabrication is the most common 3D printing process. The process involves a heated nozzle and a strand of filament. Hot plastic is extruded out layer by layer to create a finished product. These parts have similar characteristics to injection molded parts in the X and Y axis but suffer on the Z-axis as parts are only as strong as the bonding between layers making them anisotropic. FFF parts are almost always hollow with an internal structure known as infill.
- Standard 2-3 Days
- Expedited 1 Day
- Build volume of up to 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm (39.37 × 39.37 × 39.37 in).
- The accuracy for our FFF printers is +-0.3 mm (+-0.0118 in) on the X and Y axis and +-0.1 mm (+-0.0039 in) on the Z axis.
- The recommended minimum wall thickness is 1.2 mm (0.047 in).
- The minimum feature size is the nozzle size selected.
- Standard nozzle sizes are 0.4 mm, 0.6 mm, 1.0 mm (0.0157 in, 0.0236 in, 0.0393 in), (Looking for something custom, let us know).
- Standard layer thicknesses are 0.1 mm, 0.15 mm, 0.2 mm, 0.3 mm 0.5 mm (0.0039 in, 0.0059 in, 0.0078 in, 0.0118 in, 0.0196 in), (Looking for something custom, let us know).
For more information about the materials offered please click here.